Closing Settlement Statement
This marketing connection is designed to send the first week of January to all clients who closed a transaction in the previous year. Make sure to send it in January for those clients who prepare a tax return as soon as they get their W-9 or W-2s!
Tips on Implementing this Client Connection Strategy
Follow these easy steps to make this a seamless and annual follow-up to all of the clients who closed a transaction with you in the previous year.
- Create a letter about the Closing statement and tax time
- As part of your post-closing action plan, make a copy of the Closing Settlement Statement.
- Bonus step – print out the letter with your client’s information and file with the closing statement, address the envelope and keep it somewhere safe.
- During the first week of January (or even last week of December), pull out the file folder with all of your pre-addressed and stamped envelopes and mail them the first week of January.
- Make a follow-up phone call 5-7 days after mailing to ensure your client received the mailer. As always, don’t forget to ask for a referral!
Home Anniversary Card, Call and/or or Email
Remembering a Pivotal Moment #1
Building rapport is one of the most basic strategies in Real Estate yet despite our best intentions; even the simplest connections can get buried in the other tasks that come our way on a daily basis.
QUICK MARKETING TIP: A hand written anniversary note is the most memorable way to connect to your clients. You can personalize the downloads above by handwriting the postcard or letter. Email is efficient and certainly totally acceptable, however, it’s not nearly as personal and can easily be deleted.
If you are a hard and fast email user, below you will find a template that you can send. Adding good memories that relate to the transaction will make it even better. Simply copy and paste the text into your email, make your changes, and send it on its way!
Hello (Client) –
It’s hard to believe that a year has already passed since the docs were signed that the keys exchanged. One of the greatest and most rewarding parts of being a REALTOR is helping people go from home shoppers to homeowners. As I look back on it, we had a few bumps that we conquered, but overall, the process was smooth and I was proud to have represented you.
[Add any positive memories or stories that might make your client look fondly back on the transaction.]
Here’s to another great year in your home!
As always, I’m just a phone call, email, or text away if you have any real estate questions. If you know anyone that is interested in buying or selling, please point them in my direction. I’d love to be sending them a note in the future!
Birthday Card, Email and/or Call
Remembering a Pivotal Moment – #2
Let’s explore another pivotal moment that we ALL have every year – THE BIRTHDAY! Some look forward to it, some do not, but very few don’t appreciate the acknowledgment! We know that rapport building is one of the most basic strategies in Real Estate so make sure that you are putting this in your CRM’s follow-up system so you don’t miss them.
Here are Four Client Connections we highly recommend including in your past client connection plan:
- Closing Settlement Statement
- Home Anniversary Card Email and/or Call
- Birthday Card, Email and/or Call
- Annual Home Valuation
QUICK MARKETING TIP: As always – we are huge proponents of a handwritten note or card. That is, by far, the most memorable way to connect to your clients. If you haven’t done that – do it! There is no reason, however, that you can’t hit someone with both! Load up the email in your CRM AND send a card or note via the mail. Believe me, no one else is doing that.
Hello (Client) –
[Make this email super short, unless you have a great story to share, the point is to touch base and let the client know that you remember them]
Here’s to another great year!
As always, I’m just a phone call, email, or text away if you have any real estate questions. If you know anyone that is interested in buying or selling, please point them in my direction.
Annual Home Valuation
We recommend scheduling this connection during the month of the client’s home anniversary (date they closed on their home purchase). Alternatively, you could prepare and send these individual reports at the end of the year. Depending on your database size, this could become an overwhelming task however!
The secret to success as with any strategy is to have a system for making it happen. Here are the steps to consider for your system:
- Schedule this as a recurring task in your CRM for all past buyer clients (recommend a date in the home anniversary month after your anniversary call/card)
- Download and customize the cover letter we have provided
- Prepare the customized report using your preferred CMA program
- Mail or email the completed package to your client
- Schedule a follow call to ensure they got the report and discuss market, ask for referrals
Learn more about building your legacy at Innovative Real Estate Strategies.
Contact Jan O'Brien for a confidential interview today.
702.858-9191 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Catch Jan's weekly Podcast at WBNLPodcast.com