Have you heard about Homelight.com or seen their major TV and online advertising?
What is Homelight.com, you ask? According to their About Us page: “HomeLight uses actual sales data and client reviews to find the best real estate agent for you. We’re a small team of talented people in San Francisco and Phoenix, excited to change the face of real estate.”
Claiming your Agent profile is free. If selected by a buyer or seller and you close a transaction from Homelight.com you owe a 25% referral fee.
How does it work? https://www.homelight.com/how-it-works
Again from Homelight.com… “The company is helping sellers find the real estate agents best positioned to sell their homes based on actual performance data. Its proprietary algorithms analyze nearly 30 million aggregated residential real estate transactions to help sellers find the real estate agent in their area best suited for their needs” Specifically, after answering a few simple questions, HomeLight’s Matching Engine searches and analyzes over 18 million transactions since 2009, along with 2 million agents and 200,000 brokerages, all aimed at matching you with an agent. It will look at things like recent listings an agent has completed, educational background and bios, customer reviews from individuals who have interacted with the agent, the agent’s transaction volume by year, and more.
To recap how Homelight works:
- They have the relevant data and an algorithm for matching consumers with agents
- Prospective buyers and sellers on Homelight.com answer a series of questions about their location, buying or selling, type of property, price range and type agent they are seeking
- A list of agents “matching the criteria” is displayed and the consumer can choose to meet with as many of these agents as desired.
- Agent recommendations include data depicted in the image below
Why you need to create your profile NOW – especially if you are actively listing and selling homes and have client reviews online
- Major national advertising campaign is driving consumers to their site!
- Homelight.com is coming up in Google results for agents
- It’s FREE to claim your profile! If you are selected by a buyer or seller and close a transaction you owe a 25% referral fee
- Homelight partnered with YELP to provide data-driven insights that show up on your Yelp Profile (this is relatively new and in my searches on Yelp, I only found a few agent profiles with the data displayed… for now).
HomeLight.com in the news:
- HomeLight Partners with Yelp to Provide Data-Driven Insights on Real Estate Agents Business Wire 1-9-18
- HomeLight Raises $40M In Series B Funding To Help You Find A Listing Agent Forbes Aug 2017
Are you ready for personalized 1-1 coaching with Jan O'Brien? That is one of the many benefits at IRES.
Contact Jan for a free coaching session today.
702.858-9191 | email@example.com
Catch Jan's weekly Podcast at WBNLPodcast.com