In a previous week’s business tip, we covered 10 ways to build your mailing list. This week we build on that business strategy and share some tips and best practices for using email to market to your database and various email lists.
Overall, our recommendation is to have a multi-type connection plan for leads and past clients/your database that includes:
- Social media messages
- Personal notes
Let’s talk specifically in this tip about email marketing.
What can you use for email marketing?
Your current CRM
- Referral Maker
- Top Producer
eMail Marketing & List Services
- MailChimp FREE Up to 2,000 subscribers and 12,000 emails per month
- Constant Contact 60 day free trial then options starting at $20/month
- Aweber This is what we use at WBNL Coaching
- eCampaign Pro Real Estate specific
- Happy Grasshopper Personalized copy-written emails
TIP: Remember, if you use these email services, you must have an opt-in, permission-based list. Do NOT buy a list, upload it and start emailing to the list if you don’t have permission or get their opt-in first. You could be black-listed if you receive too many SPAM complaints. Leverage calls- to -action on your websites and landing pages that integrate with one of these services.
How often should you email your lists?
Buyer & Seller Leads
- Initial 10-14 day conversion plan that includes emails and other connection types (calls, texts, social media, video email)
- Then based on qualifying the lead, set them up on a short or long-term campaign
Your Database – at a minimum send a monthly item of value or your newsletter
What do you send?
- Monthly Newsletter – educate, entertain, sell, ask for referrals
- Market update
- Local Business Spotlight
- Community info/events
- Call to action / referrals
- Tips on home selling/buying, maintenance, investing, protecting your assets
- Add Video to really stand out
- Invitations to client appreciation events
- Just listed/just sold quarterly success email
Interested in learning more about Innovative Real Estate Strategies? We are ready to help you build your legacy!
Contact Jan O'Brien for a confidential interview today.
702.858-9191 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Catch Jan's weekly Podcast at WBNLPodcast.com